III. 'View from Inside' -- Installation and Demounting
Welcome to the traveling exhibition of the Institute for Survival Through Design, "The Architecture of Richard and Dion Neutra: The View from Inside."
1. Travel Crate. This container should be stored together with the packing materials for the videotape, dispenser, screws, packing materials, and top in a secure storage facility for re-use after show demounting.
2. Panels. There are 29 full-size panels supplied, which have been numbered in the suggested mounting order to best explain the content of the show. Panels should be placed so as to suggest a preferred route for the visitor to follow. Panel 30 should be mounted somewhere close to the video monitor. The videotape or DVD should be set to run continuously and hopefully auto-rewind, for VHS, when it finishes so that it doesn't require too close supervision. Panel 31 is intended to be wall mounted or placed near the flyer dispenser at the entrance of the show.
It is suggested that the panels be re-packed in numerical order, face down, when replaced in the crate. Place the corrugated cardboard spacer on top of the panels, then the other materials in the remaining void, using the supplied or extra packing materials to keep items from rattling around within this void. No tape here, please.
3. Mounting. Mounting holes on panel corners have been supplied. These should work for drywall installation without special provisions. Be careful not to overtighten screws or strain holes. Placement of the panels is up to you, but it is suggested that the tops be lined up at about 6' 8" from the floor, and at least 12-24" allowed between them. In cases where you wish to mount on masonry or concrete, you'll have to pre-drill and supply anchors for screws. Be careful not to scratch panel surfaces. Wipe them down as necessary.
4. Demounting. Reverse the above procedure; repack all the materials, being especially careful not to misplace any items. Use the supplied checklist in reverse to be sure everything has been accounted for.
Place the large panels carefully into the crate face down, in numerical order, being careful not to scratch the surfaces. You should count 29 large panels, plus the smaller Panel 30. Place the cardboard spacer. Insert Panel 31 into the flyer dispenser. Place the videotape and/or DVD into their wraps. Place the instruction envelope/sleeve with screw envelope into the void, followed by crumpled paper or bubble-wrap to steady the contents.
5. Report. If there is any damage or loss of materials to report, please communicate the details to us by e-mail immediately (DionN@aol.com) so that the next venue is not held responsible for loss.
6. Re-mailing. Using the carrier specified, with the insurance coverage specified, ship to the next venue or back to us here, as agreed. Time to arrive at the date agreed upon